Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Mini Ulta Haul: OPI Spiderman Polish Spotlight!!!!

Today I met my friend Jess up at the Mall so we could let our little one's play on the foam playground for a while to wear them out.  Jess brought up wanting to go to Ulta, and of course I wasn't going to say no to Ulta!  :)  As soon as we walk in the door, I see SPIDERMAN staring back at me.  OPI has come out with a new Spiderman collection and I just HAD to have it.  They had the four mini bottle set for only $12.50, so I had to snatch it up.  I was going to get only one of the full size bottles, but they were having a promotion that if you bought $17, you got a free nail file.  Ok, that's a lot of money just for a nail file, but it's a $6.50, fold up, metal nail file.  Pretty sweet!

(Photo from http://www.opi.com/)
Colors L-R: Shatter the Scales (Crackle), Number One Nemesis, My Boyfriend Scales Walls, 
Just Spotted the Lizard!, Call Me Gwen-Ever, Into the Night and 
Your Web or Mine?
(The ones with the stars are the ones I now own)

Just Spotted the Lizard!  is the polish that really caught my eye, and I really wanted a full sized bottle, but ended up with it in the mini set and got Call Me Gwen-Ever in a full size bottle since coral colors are HOT right now :).  The mini set came in a cute box and included Into the Night, Number One Nemesis, Just Spotted the Lizard! and Your Web or Mine.  


When I say MINI I mean MINI.  They are so tiny.  But a great size to test out to see if you like the color (Which I may actually go back and suck it up and get the full size of the Spotted the Lizard!  :P)  Above is a size comparison.  The color on the right is a full sized bottle (0.5 FL OZ)  and of course the mini on the left is noticeably smaller (1/8 FL OZ...in other words, it would take 4 mini bottles to equal one full size)

Pretty Call Me Gwen-Ever  (I love this color!!!  It'll be great for the summer)

Free OPI Nail File for buying $17 worth


The colors in the collection are really pretty.  Call Me Gwen-Ever and Your Web Or Mine? are pretty opaque with one application which is great!  The less polish the better in my eyes!  Into the Night is a GORGEOUS blueish purple, I guess to represent the blue in Spiderman's Costume.  Number One Nemesis is almost an antique gold color, closer to a pewter.  Just Spotted the Lizard is a really cool color that changes with the light.  It has a rainbow effect to it where one minute it's a golden color and then it changes to green, almost like a Chameleon.  I love it!

L-R: Into the Night, Number One Nemesis, Spotted the Lizard!, Your Web or Mine?
Thumb: Call Me Gwen-Ever
Natural Light

Also from Ulta, I got a Purifying Peel-Off Mask by Merlot (For More Info, Click Here).  It has natural grape seed in it, which promotes anti-aging.  The bottle reads: Formula works to cleanse skin, eliminate blackheads and impurities and minimize appearance of pores.  Skin is left feeling soft and looking clean and clear.  It was on their clearance rack and I've been wanting a nice mask.  :)  So I thought I'd give it a try.  I had never actually tried or heard of Merlot before purchasing this mask.  After applying it, I'm not so sure it's appropriate for sensitive skin because it kinda made mine tingle a bit.  It didn't irritate it though, so that's good.  But if you have extremely sensitive skin, I wouldn't recommend it.




I also decided to try an EOS lip balm.  I've been hearing all sorts of raves about it.  I got the Honey Suckle Honey Dew and it of course smells like melon!  I really like it.  My 2 year old thinks it's a ball.  LOL


All in all, I think my small Haul looks pretty promising!  :)  I also looked up a 20% off one item coupon while I was in the store, so always make sure you do that :)





OH!  I almost forgot, I also got my "The Captain" shirt in from Shirt Punch (http://shirtpunch.com/).  Shirt Punch is a One Shirt A Day site where you can get the design of the day for $10 before it's gone FOREVER.  Granted the one I got was voted to come back from the grave yard, which I am extremely happy about.  I haven't really let any of you know, but I am a complete GEEK and love all things geeky. This shirt is of course about Nathan Fillion (The Captain of the Serenity in the show Firefly, and also he play Captain Hammer in Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog)  I usually don't order from Shirt Punch because they take forever to get your merchandise to you.  I think it took them almost 4 weeks to get this shirt to me.  I know my best friend, Marisa, has had the same problems with them.  Also, their women's shirts are not really FITTED.  So they just fit like a regular t-shirt.  But other than that, they are decent quality and worth the $10 you pay for them.




Other One Deal A Day shirt sites I use are:









0 comments:

Post a Comment