Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 2012 Birchbox: GOSSIP GIRL

YAY!  Look what came in the mail today!  I love seeing the words BIRCHBOX when I open my mailbox.  It makes for a fun Mail day (Especially when bills aren't included with.  LOL)
I LOVE the box that it came in!  Pink and Black baby!  :)

This month, Birchbox teamed up with Gossip Girl to create a themed box.  Honestly, I don't watch Gossip Girl, so this really didn't affect my excitement this time around.  LOL  But from all of the brand names the Birchbox ladies were naming off did.  LOL.  Dior, Stila, Ojon and Dr. Jart to name a few.  

Gossip Girl cover

My cat, Pooper, helped with this review. :)

Inside the box on top was of course the card that explains all of your goodies.  I received the "Chic Sunday Brunch" box this time around.  From what I saw on youtube, a lot of other ladies received a different box (which included a full sized item worth $22...I of course, did not).  Anyway, I'm jumping ahead of myself.  This time the paper was yellow (usually it's hot pink).  A+ on the packaging as always.  Birchbox hand wraps EVERY BOX, so, just that alone deserves a standing ovation! 



This time around, I got 6 samples :)  Not too bad!  I like it when the box is pretty full.  No full size items :(  (Once again, the fairness factor of sending SOME people full sized items stinks.  Other ladies received a full sized FusionBeauty LipFusion Balm Lip Conditioning Stick SPF 15 worth $22 in their box.  But oh well.  Once again, this service is only $10 a month, so you get what you pay for I guess.  The items I did get were a perfume sample, brush cleaner, nail polish, tinted moisturizer, a head band and a note card.

  • Arquiste: L'Etrog perfume: Warm notes of citron, palm leaves, and myrtle combine in this transporting scent, inspired by the aromas of a medieval harvest festival in Calabria, Italy.  Full-size: $165 (O_O)    My personal opinion of this perfume upon smelling it wasn't the best.  In the bottle it kind of smells mature.  You can defiantly smell the citron in it.  It's not my favorite by any means.   

  • Beauty Blender: Blender Cleanser:  Keep your makeup sponges and brushes in prime condition with this soy-based formula, which removes built-up bacteria and oil.  Full-size $17.95  I am actually pretty excited about this cleanser!  I don't own a Beauty Blender, but I know the brand is awesome!  I've heard NOTHING but raves about the actual sponge, so I can only imagine how the cleaner will be :)  I plan on taking it with me when I go on my trip to North Carolina in June since it's the perfect size for my carry on :)

  • Color Club: Nail Polish in Disco Nap:  Give nails a gilded look with this luxe metallic polish.  Full-size, $8.  The color is a beautiful antiquy gold.  It reminds me of my junior year prom dress :)  Ah, memories.  I got a half size which I'm pretty happy about!  It's super shiny.  Very happy with this item as well.


  • Dr. Jart+: Waterfuse BB Cream:  Think of this four-in-one moisturizer, serum, sunscreen, and skin-perfecting tint as the (extremely stylish) Swiss Army Knife of your beauty lineup.  Full-Size $32.  Upon picking up the tiny sample I thought it was empty.  I squeezed out a bit to take a photo of, and couldn't get anymore to squeeze out of the bottle.  I thought I was ripped off.  So, I decided to cut the end off like most people do with the old Urban decay bottles and I was happy to see A LOT more product!!!  So I put it in an empty makeup jar and probably have a good 2 uses out of it.  Enough to see if I like it or not.  I was excited.  I applied some to my hand and noticed a huge difference in the ability to see my pores on it.  The color also blended very nicely :)





  • Twistband: Skinny Headband:  Keep your hair perfectly in place with these colorful elastic headbands. 6 Pack $20.  I think this is the least exciting item in my box this time around.  I haven't actually TRIED it out yet, but this headband is cheaply made.  It's a piece of elastic that is tied at the end.  REALLY???  And a 6 pack is $20? That' makes this one headband "worth" $3.33.  I don't think so.  So no worth it.  The ends of the elastic aren't even heat sealed to prevent fraying.  I doubt it'll even stay in my hair.
 Pooper wasn't the least bit excited about it either.

  • Birchbox Extra: Notecards:  Text messages are no match for handwritten notes on fun, modern stationery.  Set of 12 $10: (Ok, when someone adds an "S" to the end of something, usually that means PLURAL.  LOL, but I only got ONE notecard.  Which is ok.  It's cute.  I'll probably end up sending it to my BFF in England.  Have really no opinion for this notecard.  I mean, it's just that, a notecard.







All in all the box this month was much nicer than last months.  At least I didn't get LEFT OVERS.  LOL.  But I wish that either Birchbox would give EVERYONE as full sized or instead, no one a full size and include an extra item in everyone's box.  Just my opinion.

May 2012's Gossip Girl Chic Sunday Brunch Birchbox










0 comments:

Post a Comment