Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wei Pomegranate Buffing Beads Review

My friend Molly received the Wei Pomegranate Buffing Beads in last months Birchbox.  She tried them out and found they were way too harsh for her skin.  (She has extremely sensitive skin) So, she gave me one of the packets to try.  Upon opening it, I saw what appeared to be finely ground powder.  It actually almost looked like white sand.  It had kind of an earthy smell to it. I mixed it with one of my favorite cleansers (Ever Ageless: Cherry Blossom Poppy) and applied it to wet skin, rubbing in a circular motion for about a minute. I was pleasantly surprised.  Immediately after rinsing my face, I could tell a difference in my skin texture.  Even now, running my fingers across my cheeks, I can feel a smoother surface!  I might actually purchase some of these soon!  It's $20 for 20 packs.  And being able to use my own cleanser of my choice with it is actually a PLUS! :)



Here's how the Buffing Beads work.  (Taken from Birchbox's website)

BIRCHBOX BREAKDOWN

Dull skin gets the best of us, but getting rid of it can be tricky. Most scrubs out there are way too harsh. Luckily, our favorite authority on Chinese herbal beauty invented these single-use exfoliating packets. They’re filled with a dry scrub made with pomegranate peel and other natural ingredients. Blend it with your go-to cleanser for a mild exfoliant that whisks away tired skin. Needless to say, the single-serving packets are perfect for travel and on the go!

HOW IT WORKS

Long admired for its detoxifying powers, the pomegranate is practically a sacred fruit in the East. Filled with antioxidants, the finely milled pomegranate peels in this powdery scrub brighten skin tone and encourage cell renewal. Plus, its natural antiseptic qualities help clear blocked pores. There are also gentle buffing beads to slough off dead skin: you’ll see why it’s so important to schedule in a weekly exfoliation session.

HOW TO USE

Tear open the packet, and mix the scrub with a quarter-size amount of your trusted cleanser in the palm of your hand. Massage into your face and let the fine grains work their magic. Rinse with lukewarm water.








0 comments:

Post a Comment