Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 2012 Birchbox

On Friday July 13, 2012, I got my July Birchbox in the mail.  I was so happy to see the bright pink box taking up most of the room in my mailbox. :)



This month's theme was The Five Senses. Smell It.  Touch It. Taste It. Hear It. See It.  The packaging was super cute, and I loved the colors they chose. 



Each Birchbox this month included SOMETHING from each of the five senses.  My box had six products.  I received Jouer Luminizing  Moisture Tint, Oscar de la Renta Perfume in live in love, A Larabar Uber in Roasted Nut Roll, a Stila It's Go Time Lip Glaze in "Action", Althena Bamboo UV+ Color Fade Proof Fluide, and finally some really awesome Earbuds made exclusively for Birchbox.




First off, the moisture tint was a little light for me.  And I'm not one for the "DEWY" look.  I think it makes my face look oily.  But that's just me.  I wore it out the other day with a finishing powder over it and it took the dewiness away.  So it's usable.  LOL


The Larabar was super yummy.  It was kinda small for the amount of calories in it though. It had over 100 calories for half a bar.  (A full size bar has 220).  But it had a multitude of different nuts and flavors which included almonds, cashews, peanuts, pecans, macadamia, brown rice syrup, dates, honey  and sea salt.  All of those combined made for a very yummy treat.

The Stila lip glaze was in a beautiful color.  Kinda of a muavy pink (Which I LOVE).  Only problem, it's EXTREMELY Sticky.  I hate sticky lip gloss (That's why I usually stick with MAC's Lipglasses, while they stay wet, I don't feel like my lips will become glued together)




To be honest, not too crazy about the perfume.  It kinda smelled old ladyish.  So I probably won't use it.

I haven't tried the UV fluide, so I can't give you any feed back on it.  I kinda want to wait until I get my hair recolored before using it.  My hair hasn't been colored since August of 2011, so it's TIME!!!

The earbuds are so stinking CUTE!  And the sound is pretty good.  I will be getting A LOT of use out of them, that's for sure!

All in all, this month's Birchbox actually IMPRESSED me.  This is really the first Birchbox that I have to say I actually LOVE.  :)  It only took them 3 months.  LOL








0 comments:

Post a Comment